Friday, November 5, 2010

Lavender Lemon Bark Recipe


There's a candy shop in Boise, ID that my mother in law used to bring me this really scrumptious lavender lemon bark from. I have been wanting to recreate the recipe for years now and I finally did it! Here is my version!

1.5 lbs white chocolate
2-3 tsp. lavender flowers
1 cup roasted almonds
1-2 tsp. lemon extract

Melt the chocolate over a double boiler stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. The lavender and lemon should be added to taste so you will need to test it! ;) Stir well and spread into a foil lined 9x13 pan. Cool and break into pieces. Store it in an airtight tin or ziploc bag in the fridge. Yum!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yummo~
    I think I will make some tonight after church!
    I have all the ingredients in the house.
    I have been really into make things with lavender flowers.

    I have a herbal tea I made I call it
    My Cottage Blend you can check it out on my blog.

    Peace,Love and Joy,
    Georgiann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to try a rose and cinnamon one with vanilla next. oh and maybe a vanilla chai one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds wonderful! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a friend bring me some from the same shop in Boise. To die for! Thank for sharing. Making some today!

    ReplyDelete