Friday, March 20, 2009

Herbal Support for PMS


This is a good recipe for a soothing mellow tea to use to alleviate PMS. Traditional Medicinals also has a good PMS tea which you can find at your local health food store for about $5 a box. I like to make my own PMS tea when I can.


Mix the following in equal parts to a clean dry glass jar. Using 1 oz of each herb will yield a big jar full. Enough for several months. Just be sure to store it out of direct sunlight in a cool, dark place.


Herbs for PMS tea;

Dandelion root

Crampbark

Skullcap

Hops

Catnip

Peppermint

Red raspberry leaves

Red clover flowers

Nettles

Oatstraw

Lemon Balm


Use a tea ball or brew 1 tsp. per cup. This tea is very lovely. Drink 2-3 cups per day or as needed. You can use any of the herbs listed here and make it according to your tastes but I like variety!


Drinking tea is a very effective way to self heal so it is my favorite way to treat a lot of things (including PMS).


No comments:

Post a Comment